How IPL hair removal works
How does IPL work?
IPL works on pigment in the hair called melanin
Melanin helps the hair absorb light from the One Glide Advanced IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset flashes, making it go into its resting phase.
This leaves you with smooth, hair-free skin.
How to use the One Glide Advanced IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset:
Shaving is the best method between treatment sessions and is recommended 2-3 days prior to treatment as for best results and IPL to be effective, the hair needs to be present in the hair follicle before treatment commences.
One Glide® treatments need to be applied once a week, for a full period of 12 weeks and afterwards you only touch up if needed.
· Use an alcohol wipe to clean the glass window.
· Plug in your One Glide® handset and switch on from the wall plug.
· Here you will notice that the green light is flashing, Now click the green flashing light ONCE (do NOT keep holding the button), to turn the One Glide® handset on.
· Click the green light again (up to 5 times), to select a level of intensity desired. (5 levels of intensity)
· Once the desired level is chosen, put the flash window of the device on the area you wish to treat (Make sure the window is fully covered by your skin, if it is not, it will not flash – as it has a built-in skin sensor)
· The front red-light indicator needs to be flickering, otherwise the handset will not work, if you find that the red indicator is not flickering, bring closer to your skin.
· Hold the big button until you see a flash, then continue moving the device to new areas after each flash, until you have finished your treatment.
· Once you have finished using the One Glide® handset, hold the green button down to turn it off and unplug the handset from the wall and store in a dry safe place.
Once the hair stops growing back, you can leave out the shaving step and just use the One Glide® handset to keep your skin silky and smooth.
Have more questions?
Feel free to check the frequently asked questions (FAQ's) here:
Or get in touch here: